[gnhlug-jobs] [NH Jobs List] Job: Network/Database Administrator - Manchester

brk gnhlug at karas.net
Fri Jun 29 12:13:09 EDT 2007

Are you speaking from theory, or experience?

I've got a good proportion of our company on Mac's now (not linux,
but it illustrates a point).  While the transitions have been fairly
painless, even with Office for Mac it is a less than ideal process.
People are used to doing things a certain way, changing over  to any
other software product incurs training costs, productivity losses,
and other issues.

While I agree that there is a lot of good FOSS out there, it's not
like you can just slap any word processor in front of someone and
expect them to have at it.