Notes from PySIG, 23-Feb-2007

Lloyd Kvam lkvam at venix.com
Thu Mar 1 12:10:05 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 11:13 -0500, Bill Sconce wrote:

> > That's because I wasn't there with my laptop.  I think I have finally
> > mastered getting it to work with projectors.
> >
> > Lloyd Kvam
>

> Sounds like a topic for an upcoming meeting.   :)

I think it boils down to my laptop quirks
        a VGA connector that requires some slight upward pressure to
        work
        start X when the VGA connector is working

The console window always outputs to the external monitor.  I can use
ctrl-alt-F1 to get a console window and just jiggle the connector until
I get the console window to display.  Then logoff/logon the X window
session to get X to display through the external VGA connector.