pcHDTV 5500 card - Connector comes loose?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 23:12:04 EST 2007

  So I just got myself a new pcHDTV 5500 card for MythTV.

  When I went to connect it to the CATV line, the F connector popped
right off the card.  Investigation found that the actual tuner module
(soldered to the PCB) still had an F connector lug, but that said lug
was apparently extended (by the manufacturer) to reach past the
mounting bracket with the addition of a male-to-female barrel
connector (which is what had come loose).  I was able to slide said
barrel connector back on, but it appears that the only thing holding
it on is good luck.

  Can other owners of the pcHDTV 5500 confirm their card shares this
(ahem) "feature"?  If so, any ideas on improving the attachment, so
that a poorly aimed mouse fart won't knock it off the tuner module
again?

-- Ben