pcHDTV 5500 card - Connector comes loose?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Mar 5 00:41:53 EST 2007

On Mar 04, 2007, at 22:03, Travis Roy wrote:

> Also, its one of the few, if not only, HD cards that doesn't look
> at the broadcast flag.

Erm, sorry, but that's just not correct on multiple levels. The
broadcast flag was shot down, and I'm not aware of any cards on the
market today that actually have support to look for it, and certainly
none of them do anything with said broadcast flag, since it isn't
sent by anyone... There are at least a dozen HDTV cards on the market
right now that work under Linux and will happily ignore the broadcast
flag if it somehow gets resurrected.

> On Mar 4, 2007, at 9:59 PM, Thomas Charron wrote:
>
>>  pcHDTV is the Linux HDTV card.
>>
>>  www.pchdtv.com, the only manufacturer I've heard of which released
>> Linux drivers with no Windows drivers.

This is also incorrect. They have Windows drivers too (CD image that
ships w/the card linked below, not the directory on it containing
Windows drivers). But they *are* the only ones who build their cards
with Linux in mind, and worry about Linux support before Windows
support.

http://pchdtv.com/downloads/CD_pcHDTV_2006-v2.0.tar.gz

--
Jarod Wilson