Portable audio player

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Mar 8 03:35:40 EST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 10:02, Paul Lussier wrote:

> That being said, my experience has been that when I have a list of
> podcasts, such as NPR's Science Friday, I want to listen to them
> straight through, as if they were songs in a play list.  When one
> ends, I want it to go straight on to the next one without stopping
> Given that this was also several months ago, and that both my iTunes
> and iPod software have been updated at least once each since then,
> perhaps I ought to revisit it and see if they've "fixed" it.

This has been standard behavior on mine since iTunes started
supporting podcasts.  iTunes behaves for me the way you describe,
without some smart playlist entanglements, but the iPod just plays
one after the other.

I have the 5GB iPod with the last firmware they released for it - I
don't know if that matters.

In general, you're seeing misbehavior, not misdesign, I believe.  The
old reset/reload might need to be done.

Dr. Dobb's published code a while back on how to access the database
with Java if you want to actually try troubleshooting.

-Bill

-----
New Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/