I reallly do not understand what the issue is.....

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Sat Mar 10 19:19:36 EST 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 00:27, Jon 'maddog' Hall wrote:

> I wonder if FORD will pay that $4,000.?  Or CitiBank? Or Bill's
> friends
> at Disney that depend on Microsoft's DRM? Nahhhhhh, they will just
> "get"
> the patch somehow.

I think that 'somehow' is probably that they're a Microsoft Gold
Partner.   If you have a business that's mission critical on any
Microsoft products you really need to spend the $40 grand or so each
year and become a Gold Partner.  You get preferential access to
almost all aspects of what they do.  You and I might call it how
you'd treat somebody who's a friend or business partner - for them
that's a profit opportunity.

That number might be low - just what I heard quoted for a 200-seat
shop with a development team.  Somebody here probably knows better
how these business protection things are priced.

-Bill

-----
New Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/