Safety Tip: aim caff away from foot before triggering...

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Sun Mar 18 08:41:10 EDT 2007

A note to save others some difficulties when using caff to sign keys as
suggested at the recent keysigning at MerriLUG: caff will sign the
specified keys, prepare and send encrypted emails to the key holders.
But if you haven't configured your workstation to send email directly
via sendmail/postfix/whatever, some of the key holders may not get their
mail. About nine of the approximate 30 emails were rejected with my
default sendmail configuration because:

- I was sending emails to Comcast addresses from an internal SMTP server
Comcast doesn't trust and rejected.

- My local host does not have an externally resolvable FQDN and
suspicious mail servers declined to talk to it.

So. I've fixed these issues, I think, on my local workstation and have
re-sent those messages that bounced.

--
Ted "Mistakes were made. Regrets were expressed." Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC