[GNHLUG] Re: Hosstraders Dead, but NEARFest Lives!!

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Mon Mar 19 19:52:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

Apparently the organizers of Near-Fest believe that CRTs are dinosaurs,
and no one buys them any more.

I did attempt to correct that philosophy, but since the large number of
things that we bring to sell are not monitors, I did not push it.  I
will let the rest of their "commercial sellers" tell them that.

In addition, they stressed there would be no "heavy metal barrels" as at
Hosstraders.  So don't bother bringing anything that you don't think you
can sell and don't want to take back with you.  That is the best way to
avoid trouble.

I did get out of them that "LCDs were O.K." and would not have any
deposit put on them.  So for demonstration purposes, we could use LCDs,
or (if Ben wants to bring in his big monitor) I am sure something else
can be arranged.

They will have at least two large indoor areas with tables, and I am
waiting for the "commercial vendor coordinator" to contact me.

Tent camping is included with the registration fee and vehicle fee, but
there is a whole set of stuff going on with RVs and hookups that is
still unrolling....stay tuned.

Oh, and no alcohol and no pets.  I may have to stay home.

maddog