MonadLUG notes, 8-March-2007: Pitch your distro

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Mar 20 09:40:51 EDT 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 17:54, Ben Scott wrote:

> /me ponders running early Linux distros in a VM, for the hack value...

I've got some InfoMagic discs with floppy images around here
somewhere (frikkin' packrat) if you want them.

I'm curious if there's a VM that emulates an old enough PC for them
to boot, though I expect an emulator in a VM could handle that problem.

By time my friend, Jim Hart, convinced me to try Linux, Slackware was
out (with an IP stack!), so I'm not really sure what Yggdrasil
supported, myself.

Funny thing is I'm doing some work later today on a new project using
a Slackware-based distro. (first time in ~12 years)

-Bill
-----
New Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/