Handhelds/PDAs - Palm vs Zaurus vs others - Opinions? Experiences?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:20:17 EDT 2007

On 3/21/07, Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net> wrote:
> Okay, then what cell phone carrier are you currently using that
> doesn't do that?

  I'm using the cell phone carrier that work uses and pays for
(Nextel), because they want me to have a cell phone.  It has a "just
make phone calls" plan, and a phone that just makes phone calls.  It
can't take pictures, or play music, or run games, or browse the web.
It doesn't even have a color screen.  It just makes phone calls.
(Well, and Nextel's PTT thing.)

  I guess it's getting harder and harder to obtain such.  If may
actually reach a point where one has to buy into all their crap, or go
without entirely.  I don't look forward to that.

> The actual phone you're using really doesn't matter
> if you are still giving them money for phone service.

  You've got a real point there, but I do see a difference of degree (above).

>>> ... so it's kind of a useless argument.
>>
>>  I seem to attract/instigate such.
>
> When sending an email to a mailing list to bitch about the general
> state of wireless carrier policy, disguised as a question about
> PDAs...

  Well, I didn't *want* to get into it, it's just that a certain
person wouldn't take me at my word when I wrote, "For purposes of this
discussion, let's assume my handheld and my mobile phone will be two
different devices."  :-)

--
"One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel / And the next it's rolling over me"
                                                  -- Rush, "Far Cry"