Anyone good with dpkg/apt

Chris Linstid clinstid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:30:58 EDT 2007

If you have the package, you can do "dpkg -c package.deb".

If you don't have the package, you can do "apt-get -d install
package" to get the package (I would imagine that would grab the
dependencies as well).  And then you can do "dpkg -c package.deb".

Debian packages end up in /var/cache/apt/archives.

	- Chris