Handhelds/PDAs - Palm vs Zaurus vs others - Opinions? Experiences?

mike miller k4ghp at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 22:08:18 EDT 2007

When my aging Handspring Visor disappeared down a well about 18mo ago I had
to find a replacement. I had already decided that I didn't want a combined
phone/pda.  The Dell Axim looked pretty good at the time so I spent the
bucks and got it.  It did all kinds of neat stuff that I couldn't do on my
old pda BUT with windows mobile 5 it took a couple of minutes to boot if you
shut it off and ate batteries if you put it on standby plus some of the
software that I had didn't work on WM5 and the developers had no plan to
adapt it.  The Axim has now been lying on my desk for over a year, buried
under a pile of junk and I carry a Palm Tungsten E that I bought at Sams for
$67.  It does the basics just fine and if I want to listen to MP3 files I
just plug in headphones and an SD card.

Mike Miller