Handhelds/PDAs - Palm vs Zaurus vs others - Opinions? Experiences?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Mar 21 23:16:41 EDT 2007

On Mar 20, 2007, at 18:30, Ben Scott wrote:

> But wireless carriers universally see any cell phone, and all the data
> on it, as *their* property.  They don't sell you a phone, they let you
> use their phone, maybe, for a little while, so long as you keep up on
> your protection payments.

You can use your phone on their network.  Lot of people buy unlocked
phones and do this.

A Neo1973 might be what you need:
   http://www.openmoko.com/press/index.html

development units are starting to trickle out, I heard.

It's GSM, but I have no idea which GSM is which anymore, no what
NexTel has - we have very few GSM towers around here.

-Bill

-----
New Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/