Looking for an IP camera

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:29:39 EDT 2007

On 3/22/07, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Just bear in mind, the WRT54 will bog down after it receieves 'x'
> number of connections open if being used for all 5 addresses.  We have
> 6 static IPs off of a buisness class 3 Mb DSL, and the WRT54 we used
> would often need to be rebooted after someone did a BitTorrent
> download.

  Just curious, did you try replacing the LinkSys firmware with
third-party firmware, like OpenWrt, DD-WRT, etc.?  One thing commonly
put forward is that by exposing the whole Linux kernel to tuning, you
can get much better performance.

  One will certainly get better performance out of a "real" computer,
either way.  I'm just curious how much, if any, difference there
really is on the bitty box.

--
"One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel / And the next it's rolling over me"
                                                  -- Rush, "Far Cry"