Looking for an IP camera

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Thu Mar 22 12:38:30 EDT 2007

On 03/22/2007 09:46 AM, Thomas Charron wrote:
>  Just bear in mind, the WRT54 will bog down after it receieves 'x'
> number of connections open if being used for all 5 addresses.  We have
> 6 static IPs off of a buisness class 3 Mb DSL, and the WRT54 we used
> would often need to be rebooted after someone did a BitTorrent
> download.  Mostly has to do with the limited memory/processor power in
> those little boxes, and handling NAT on a thousand connections bogged
> it down.
The newer DD-WRT/OpenWRT releases fix the BitTorrent issue, but even if
you have an older version that doesn't have the fix built in, there's an
easy way to fix it:

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Special_note_for_users_with_Linksys_WRT54G_GL_GS_routers

If you have shell access to the WRT, you can do this:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses
echo "600 1800 120 60 120 120 10 60 30 120" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_tcp_timeouts

Works perfectly.

-Mark