In case you have not seen it.....Linux Media Center

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Sun Mar 25 09:14:11 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 01:26 -0400, Thomas Charron wrote:
>   If only that applied to Sat TV such as DirecTV.  *pout*

I have never had "Sat TV", but it seems to me that if you could get the
timing information of when the programs were going to be shown, then you
could record those programs even if you were just recording the "analog
signal" going to the TV for playback later (i.e. put it back into an
encoder to put out on the disk).  The IR could be programmed to switch
to the channel required off the satellite box.

After all, a lot of people have gotten a lot of pleasure out of watching
"analog TV" for many years.

Am I missing something?

md