Why we can't record our TV shows (was: In case you have not seen it.....Linux Media Center)

Bill Freeman f at ke1g.mv.com
Mon Mar 26 11:51:09 EDT 2007

Kevin D. Clark writes:
 > I'm curious...is there a model in which you'd consider paying for
 > content?  The model could have reasonable prices and fair/non-existent
 > copy-protection or whatever else you'd like.

First, it has to be a model in which there is content worth paying
for.  I own a number of VHS (and Beta) movies, and a few DVDs.  I
paid for them.  I can play them whenever I want (well, I'm not sure
that the Beta VCR still works).

 > Please tell us if you'd ever consider paying for this content and, if
 > so, under what circumstances.

Certainly, any content I pay for shoudn't have commercials interspersed.
I may be willing to pay for some stuff, but I'm not going to pay for it
twice.

Bill