Recording GNHLUG meetings (was: mythtvfest)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:08:28 EDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Paul Lussier <p.lussier at comcast.net> wrote:
> ... it would be really cool if it could be recorded and put up on
> GNHLUG.org for later viewing.

  If someone with a digital video camera wants to volunteer to record
the meeting, we can put it online at the GNHLUG website.  Or YouTube,
for that matter.  This was one of the explicit goals for our new
Internet server.

  The size of motion video may necessitate heavy compression and/or
down-scaling (to conserve disk space and/or bandwidth), but see also
YouTube, above.

  Audio-only extracts of a video recording are another possibility.
As long as the sideshow is separately available, this may be all that
is needed.  It's not like we need to video tape a sideshow.

--
"One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel / And the next it's rolling over me"
                                                  -- Rush, "Far Cry"