Why we can't record our TV shows (was: In case you have not seen it.....Linux Media Center)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:17:29 EDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Seth Cohn <sethcohn at gnuhampshire.org> wrote:
> I download each and every show I wish to watch ...

  Just a reminder, this list is publicly archived.  One may want to
avoid boasting of one's illegal activities in such a forum.

  For that matter, it just occurred to me that, as the legal owner of
the server this list is hosted on, I'm probably exposed to some sort
of liability for such discussions.  :-(

  I'm totally uninterested in campaign speeches about why this
shouldn't be illegal.  The fact of the matter is, it *is* illegal.
Heck, even when it isn't illegal, the media cartels have demonstrated
that they will sue you anyway.  It is an effective tactic.

--
"One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel / And the next it's rolling over me"
                                                  -- Rush, "Far Cry"