Subject Lines on the Mailing list: [WAS: Looking for a NH mail list talking about Linux]

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Tue Mar 27 11:10:56 EDT 2007

On 3/27/07, Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/27/07, Jon 'maddog' Hall <maddog at li.org> wrote:
> > Perhaps the "discuss" list should be broken down into two parts:
>
>   Yah, this has been proposed here before.  By me, even.  There are a

 I think if we look at the archives, the largest discussion topic would be
over "off topic" posts and splitting the list.  As you point out, getting
people to change the subject line is difficult enough, let alone responding
to two lists.

Since two lists have been proposed over and over again but not acted on, why
not try it if it doesn't increase the admin work load?  At the least, it
should cut down on the debate.