LinuxMCE install

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 20:44:04 EDT 2007

On 3/29/07, Paul Lussier <p.lussier at comcast.net> wrote:
> "Thomas Charron" <twaffle at gmail.com> writes:
> >   Shouldn't be.  But LinuxMCE pretty much takes control of your entire
> > install, and changes 'everything' to it's own view of the world.
> Fwiw, a friend at work tried it and ended up with exactly the same
> results as you described.  Perhaps I'll forge ahead with my Myth plans
> after all :)

  *nod*  The video, while impressive, must have been after a setup in
the exactly right circumstances.  Under VMWare, I ended up having to
use the basic UI, which I expected to suck.  But after setup,
configuration was....  Tediouse and complicated to say the least.
While the WebUI is pretty strait forward and feature rich, it is by NO
means user friendly.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly what an
Orbiting Media Controller does, beside's regretting being kicked into
orbit by a frustrated user.

--
-- Thomas