A little Microsoft humor...

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Fri May 18 15:39:07 EDT 2007

"Ben Scott" <dragonhawk at gmail.com> writes:

> Slashdot posted a story about how Microsoft is dropping support for
> the i386 platform in the next major release of Windows.  x86-64 only.
> This discussion was seen in the discussion comments:

I thought the /. story entitled "Broadband isn't Broadband Unless its
2Mbps?" was more interesting, since you were actually mentioned as
having weighed in on the debate:

    Larry Cohen, president of the Communication Workers of America,
    said that the US is "stuck with a twentieth century Internet" and
    that he would support increasing the "broadband" definition to
    2Mbps. Ben Scott of Free Press echoed that sentiment, suggesting
           ^^^^^^^^^
    that the definition needs to be an evolving standard that
    increases over time, which is in contrast to the current FCC
    definition; it has not changed in nine years. "We have always been
    limited by the FCC's inadequate and flawed data," he said.'"

I applaud the amount of restraint you showed, not to mention that lack
of verbosity, given the audience would hardly have been capable, never
mind qualified, of following along :)
--
Seeya,
Paul