Last word not yet in on software patents.

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:37:41 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/07, Bruce Dawson <jbd at codemeta.com> wrote:
> > See http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/22/1224259 (Microsoft
> > will not sue over Linux patents)
>  Hmmm.  From the actual article:
> "If we wanted to go down that road we could have done that three years
> ago," said a Microsoft spokesperson. "Rather than litigate, Microsoft
> has spent the last three years building an intellectual property
> bridge that works for all parties--including open source--and the
> customer response has been tremendously positive. Our focus is on
> continuing to build bridges."

  What gets me is, don't they *HAVE* to defend the patents?  I know
that applies to Trademarks, but I would assume that they'd have no leg
to stand on if they blatently allowed one party to publically be
violating their patents, and then turn around and sue someone else for
the same patent.

--
-- Thomas