DNLA streaming?

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:22:46 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/23/07, Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net> wrote:
> > On May 23, 2007, Ben Scott sent me the following:
> > >   I searched for "DLNA", and Google suggested I might mean "DLNA"
> > > (Digital Living Network Alliance) instead.  A quick Google for "PS3
> > > DLNA" seemed to indicate Google was right.
> > >   Note that I have no idea what any of this is; just reporting what
> > > Google tells me.
> > Looks like you have to pay to view the official guidelines. Their
> > webserver is extremely slow at the moment, but the details are available
> > from http://www.dlna.org/en/industry/guidelines/
> > I managed to download the guideline order form, which lets you order a
> > copy of the guidelines for internal evaluation purposes only for the low
> > low price of $500. Apparently you have to the join the DLNA to actually
> > sell a product that follows the guidelines.

  I actually found a bit of information after translating what their
certification was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Plug_and_Play#UPnP_AV_.28Audio_and_Video.29_standards

  And in the same document:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Plug_and_Play#UPnP_AV_MediaServers

  MythTV is listed!  I wonder if this means in some strange way, PS3's
will now be able to out of the box use MythTV boxes??

--
-- Thomas