Windoze laptop address allocation :-(

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Thu May 31 18:52:02 EDT 2007

As incredibly knowledgable as I am in linux I'm a total dolt in windoze.
For reasons that just horrify me I have to take posession of a winblose
laptop which when used at home will be NATing out through my server. Any
computers I have in house are running linux and all have static addresses
assigned.

Can some kind soul tell me what I need to do (prefereably at both ends) so
that when I plug my laptop into the hub it'll get an address? The topology
is that the server plugs into the cable modem and the server has two NICs.
The hub plugs into the other NIC.

Thanks :-(

steveo at syslang.net