OLPC - Nov 12 launch

Tech Writer TechWtr at handspun.com
Wed Nov 7 20:36:55 EST 2007

I agree that the main reason to get something like this would be for
portability.  With kids in middle and high school, it would be really
convenient to have something that is light and easy to carry around.  There
are plenty of times when we are between activities and near enough to a
Panera or other WiFi location where it would be nice to do a quick webmail
check, look up directions, or edit a homework assignment.  We carry a laptop
around sometimes, but all we really need is something small with web access
and a simple editor.  The REAL work can wait until we're back home with
access to the desktop machines.

Peg