Power supply monitoring in Linux?

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 10:08:37 EST 2007

Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> writes:

> If you strike out with the onboard stuff and really need it, one of
> the booths at LinuxWorld a year or two ago had smart power strips
> with SNMP.  I assume there was some kind of trapping on electrical
> characteristics.

We've got them.  APC sells them.  That is not an option.  We need to
monitor it in the OS to detect the failure on one of the redundant
power supplies (it would be tough to detect the failure the second :)
so we can send an alert.

This is for an embedded Linux device resold to customers, who,
ideally, use UPSes and do their own monitoring at the power-main
level.
--
Seeya,
Paul