Ignition (was Re: tftp config problem (ltsp))

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:44:35 EST 2007

>   It makes sense at first glance.  Multiple clients, one server, 10
> clients can pull their full feed from the server.  But you need some
> kind of flow control to make such a scenario work well, and Ethernet
> flow control is an inconsistent mess.

It's more that you need to make sure that everyone (client, server,
switches) uses consistent flow control.  Every switch I participated in
engineering had to support a freaking million types of flow control, and
then no one ever bothered to use it because setting it up end-to-end was too
hard.

--DT "you asked for it, now USE it" VZ