A plague of daemons and the Unix Philosophy

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Mon Nov 12 09:57:55 EST 2007

On Saturday 10 November 2007 23:00, Ben Scott wrote:
>   Okay, so I installed Fedora 8 today.
>
>   Is this the way the architects intend things to be?  Are the people
> behind Fedora/KDE/GNOME/FreeDesktop.org/whatever really intent on
> making Linux as complicated and inter-coupled as possible?  Have they
> completely abandoned the Unix Philosophy?

    The Communist government was supposed to wither to nothing once the
People's Paradise was established.

    The labors unions are supposed to retreat to a watchdog status once
the injustices of corporations are corrected.

    It is in human nature that people want to hold on to their jobs
(power) even after the task is completed.

    I froze my Microsoft adventure at Windows 98.  Many versions of the
3 programs I run on it have been produced since, most of them for later
systems only.  I still can't find a single feature that they added in 7
years that I really need.

    Keep copies of your current and old distributions!  We may have 99%
of whatever good operating system software will ever be produced.

Jim Kuzdrall