Comcast!?!?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Nov 12 15:43:00 EST 2007

On Nov 11, 2007, at 08:28, k4ghp at comcast.net wrote:

>  I've been checking a couple of times a year but it's going to
> require a line upgrade that Verizon seems unlikely to do,
> particularly if another ISP is going to be the beneficiary.

I've been doing the same since about '96, when they put a remote
terminal in a mile from my house.  It's now fed by fiber, but Verizon
won't put a DSLAM in it.  I don't blame them, they are a public
company and there are more profitable places to invest their money -
they're not interested in our business and our regulators fail to
make them take interest.

Unfortunately, the unions are trying to ensure that the status quo is
maintained - I wrote bit about that here:

   http://tinyurl.com/28nggo
   http://tinyurl.com/2qbevk

-Bill

-----