Gimme that old time interface...

Coleman Kane cokane at cokane.org
Fri Nov 16 15:06:38 EST 2007

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2007, at 08:09, Ted Roche wrote:
>

>> Is this a corollary to the Peter Principle that any software project
>> will expand to the point where it has lost track of what it was
>> supposed
>> to be doing?
>
> I'd like to offer an emacs exception to your corollary as emacs is
> _supposed_ to be doing everything.
>
> -Bill

I propose that it is likely that any software project will expand to the
point where it has lost track of what it was supposed to be doing.
Unchecked and on a long enough timeline, any software project will do
everything. Emacs simply has had a much longer timeline than GNOME, but
I think this hypothesis applied both places. The likely future will
result in two competing and large GNOEMACS projects arguing over who
does everything according to "the spec".

--
Coleman Kane