[OT] Simple math considered physics

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Thu Nov 22 12:17:31 EST 2007

On Thursday, Nov 22nd 2007 at 12:01 -0000, quoth Ric Werme:

=>Most high school physics ignores such second level effects.  There is a
=>book titled "The Physics of Baseball," I believe, I don't own it though.

One more title to add, just for fun: The Physics Of Superheroes by
Kakalios. Very intelligently written and covers all that happens and why
it is or is not feasible. e.g., Why Giant Man can never be taller than
12', how much the Flash has to eat to run as far/fast as he does, why the
Atom shouldn't be able to see, hear or speak. :-)

steveo at syslang.net