Anyone know what to do with an msv audio file?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:55:32 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Steven W. Orr <steveo at syslang.net> wrote:
> Someone bought a cheap voice recorder and it seems it produces these MSV
> files. Any known way to convert it or is this more uSoft crap?

  Apparently that is not Microsoft crap, but Sony crap.

http://www.google.com/search?q=msv+file

  If that is like the Sony crap my Clie's (PDA) voice recorder
creates, I know "mplayer" can play them, which implies "mencoder" can
re-encode them.  There may be less sucky ways to deal with it (try
sox), but I only started playing around above-mentioned voice recorder
on Linux this morning.

  You might also try:

http://www.google.com/search?q=sony+msv+file+linux

-- Ben