Admin horror stories (was: Shell Quoting)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:08:40 EDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Neil Joseph Schelly <neil at jenandneil.com> wrote:
> But then again, if you mean to say that rpm won't warn you before doing
> something like that, then that is quite scary indeed.

  rpm(8) didn't stop and ask "Are you sure?" when my script invoked
"rpm --erase" with an argument list explicitly naming every package on
the system, if that's what you mean.  :)  But I suspect that's
something of a corner case.  I blame only myself.  There's only so
much software can do.  (There was a bug in the script, in case that
isn't obvious.)

-- Ben