OT: Quantum Books closing...

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Tue Oct 9 18:09:24 EDT 2007

Tom Buskey writes:

> It's similar with Hardware stores.  Most constructions guys I know don't
> like the mega stores because they wait in line, the quality isn't what they
> want and returns take too long for them.

True story: I was standing in a huge hardware store one night, looking
for a plumbing-related item.  After looking for ten minutes for the
item that I needed, I gave up and started trying to get some help.
Another ten minutes passed before I got an employee to help me.  The
item was common enough but we both couldn't find it.  Eventually, the
employee of the huge hardware store gave up looking for the item and
actually said to me:

    I don't know.  I can't find it.  Have you tried looking in a
    hardware store?

The great part was that there were two other guys in the aisle at the
time who overheard this.  As soon as the employee uttered this
bogosity, we all collectively started laughing and left.

BTW:  I followed his advice...

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E              God, I loved that Pontiac.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                   -- Tom Waits