Best live CD (DVD) distribution

Karl 33karl at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 14:15:21 EDT 2007

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Vista.  I don't do much MS
bashing, but Vista is one sick OS.  It may just be the crapware
installed, but it is slow and easily confused.  Anyway, I would like to
try Linux on this laptop before I blow Vista away or make it a dual boot
machine.  What live CD (DVD) distribution would you recommend.  I am
leaning towards Knopix.  Also, whatever live distribution I try, what
would you recommend for a dual boot setup.  Using the live version for
the dual boot would seem to make sense since at that point the hardware
compatibility will have been established.

Thanks, Karl