[GNHLUG] NHRuby.org Meeting on Tuesday, Oct 16: Rails Deployments & More

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Fri Oct 12 12:54:17 EDT 2007

This month's NHRuby.org meeting topic will be on deploying Ruby on Rails
applications. While back in May our meeting focus was on using
Capistrano as our primary deployment tool, this month Scott Garman will
be demonstrating a simpler application to manage Rails deployments,
called "Vlad the Deployer":

http://www.rubyhitsquad.com/Vlad_the_Deployer.html

Vlad the Deployer "targets the 80% use case" of deployments and boasts
an engine written in less than 500 lines of code. Is simpler always
better? Drop by our meeting and find out!

Scott will also be discussing various Rails-related tidbits he's been
working with recently.

Anyone who attends the meeting will be offered special coupon codes
from Linode if they're interested. The coupons give you two months of
free service after purchasing one month of their Virtual Private Server
(VPS) hosting. Linode sponsored the recent Rails Rumble and Nick Plante
had many good things to say about them.

WHEN: Tuesday, October 16, 2007. 7-9 PM.
WHERE: RMC Research Offices, 1000 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH.

For a map and driving directions, see our wiki site:

http://wiki.nhruby.org/index.php/Upcoming_meetings

Regards,

Scott

--