MySQL backups

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Oct 17 13:43:01 EDT 2007

On Oct 15, 2007, at 18:25, Thomas Charron wrote:

>   I know what the options are pretty much.  But they're convinced that
> this is the right one.

There's little substitute for science.  Come up with your worst-case
scenario and test their method.  I bet it won't work, but we might be
surprised, and learn something about their new kind of unix software.

If it demonstrably doesn't work then can they still insist on it?  If
so, you're sunk and the best you can hope for is for their backup
agent not to hose your system.  And that's no way to run a ship.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/