Lawsuits, Red Hat, yummy....

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Oct 17 13:53:59 EDT 2007

On Oct 17, 2007, at 10:40, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> The issue of "patent trolls" is a troubling issue because there are
> companies, such as IP Innovation LLC that exist simply to enforce
> patents that were filed by others. I think that it may require some
> patent reform legislation to fix this.

Is there something inherently wrong with the business model of a
small inventor who licenses his inventions but outsources protection
prosecution?

I recognize many patent trolls don't resemble this arrangement, but
it would be easy to squish the former in an attempt to squash the
latter.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/