Lawsuits, Red Hat, yummy....

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Oct 17 22:21:15 EDT 2007

On Oct 17, 2007, at 16:01, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> That company at some
> future time, decides to sell the patent because they may no longer be
> receiving revenue from that product.

Even worse - I've licensed the patent to four companies who are using
it, and a fifth is infringing.  I don't have a legal team to do
enforcement, and the first four are getting grumpy about #5.

> Additionally please send email either to the listserv or to the poster
> you are replying to, but not both.

Au contraire, please send messages to both me and the mailing list.
I would have responded earlier but my gnhlug-only mail is filtered
(if I'm in the header it goes right to my inbox), so I didn't see it
until I checked the box again, which can sometimes be days, which
kills a thread's momentum.

Use duplicate message suppression on your end if you don't want both
- there's not a way (that I know of) to do the opposite.  Cyrus,
dovecot, (and courier, I think), at least, have this built in.
procmailex(5) also has a simple recipe.

-Bill
-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/