Lawsuits, Red Hat, yummy....

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Fri Oct 19 09:13:29 EDT 2007

On 10/19/07, Greg Rundlett <greg.rundlett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people or companies with
> patents.  I'm just pointing out how ridiculously broken the system is,
> to the point where it doesn't even benefit the biggest and most
> powerful companies commensurate with the money and resources put into
> the system.  That you can patent a canister with a molded-in handle
> when there is a century of prior art, and it's a natural and obvious

We're not the only country with issues.  In the 80's when Honda, Suzuki,
Kawasaki and Yamaha made 3 wheel ATVs, they all varied the position of the
engine relative to the front wheel.  Honda had a patent in Japan on it.
Yamaha had to place the engine much further back & it tended to wheely much
more.  Only Honda had the ideal position.