Brother, can you spare a couple of SCSI SCA disks?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 23 11:03:19 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 08:40:32 am Drew Van Zandt wrote:
> Does it have to be particularly fast, and are there USB connections
> available?  If the answers are "no" and "yes" respectively...
>
> I have a 1U cable management "thing" that would probably fit a couple of
> external USB drive enclosures fairly well, and would let you hide cables
> pretty well too.  I'm sure we all have myriad IDE drives that have been
> retired, I could probably dig out a couple of 250 or 300 GB guys.

I haven't closely followed the entire discussion, so I dunno if this would
help at all, but I've got an IBM Netfinity 4000R 1U box that is sitting
completely unused at home right now, which I'd have no problem parting with.
Its not the fastest thing on earth (single P3 @ 600MHz, but a slot for a
second P3, 512M RAM, but I may be able to up that some), and its not
hot-swap, but it'll hold a pair of drives inside (may be missing one of the
HD mounting plates though). I think it has a single SCSI drive in it right
now, hooked to a PCI SCSI card, which could easily be replaced with an IDE or
SATA controller and drive(s).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com