MonadLUG Notes, 12-Oct-1007: Ben Scott presents DNS and BIND

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Wed Oct 24 12:38:18 EDT 2007

Kent Johnson wrote:
> I have been uniformly un-Impressed with OO on Mac OSX. Writer is clunky,
> I have had problems interoperating with MS Word (and whatever you think
> of MS Word, sometimes that is a real requirement) and Calc is unusably
> slow even on a reasonably fast machine. Oh, and X11 doesn't integrate
> very well either. This is one reason I bought MS Office in the first
> place, it wasn't without some consideration of the alternatives. So I'm
> not that excited about trying Impress.

I use NeoOffice for OpenOffice on Mac OSX. It looks native and works
well, in my experience.
My experience with Impress vs. PowerPoint is limited as I don't
personally use that class of tools
at all. Some of my clients find Impress acceptable, but more than half
do prefer PowerPoint.

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951