Patching GNU Mailman to make reply-to munging a per-user option

Lloyd Kvam lkvam at venix.com
Sat Oct 27 13:13:56 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 09:16 -0400, Ben Scott wrote:

> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2002-March/011068.html
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2002-March/011096.html
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2002-March/011104.html
>
>   If no one else wants to try, I will prolly have a go at beating it
> with a hammer until it fits, but I'd really prefer someone who knows
> Python and/or Mailman better than I.

Barry rejected that patch because he felt it was too complex which is
not a terribly good sign.  However, he is ready to accept a patch to
achieve what you want.
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#3.48

How quickly do you want it completed?  Do you have any test
platform/scenario in mind to avoid killing this list?  I am running
mailman for some very lightly used lists.  I could test on my laptop and
migrate to my server for some light usage before handing it over to you.

I assume progress reports would b of interest to our pysig group.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.

voice:  603-653-8139