sshd config problem.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Sep 3 09:34:52 EDT 2007

On Monday, Sep 3rd 2007 at 02:58 -0400, quoth John Abreau:

=>
=>On Mon, September 3, 2007 12:33 am, Steven W. Orr said:
=>> For reasons that are probably very boring, I want to make a change to my
=>> sshd config. I have two interfaces, eth0 and eth1. I had previously
=>> modified my listening port from 22 to something with a couple of extra
=>> digits for the kiddys. Now I have a situation where I want to maintain
=>> that setup only on eth0 (a.b.c.d) but I want to make it listen on port 22
=>> for eth1 (192.168.0.2).
=>>
=>> I tried
=>> ListenAddress 192.168.0.2:22
=>> ListenAddress 207.172.210.41:1234
=>> but I must be doing something wrong.
=>>
=>> Anyone?
=>
=>My first guess would be that you'd need to run two separate instances of
=>sshd,
=>each with its own distinct config file.

I believe I don't have to do that. That's why they invented ListenAddress.

steveo at syslang.net