Success stories with MythTV and Schedule Direct?

Dave Johnson dave-gnhlug-list at davej.org
Mon Sep 3 17:58:10 EDT 2007

Ted Roche writes:
> Just checking in to find out if anyone has switched their MythTV setups
> over to Schedules Direct [1]? ("Schedules Direct is a non-profit
> organization that provides raw U.S./Canadian tv listing data to Free and
> Open Source Applications. Those applications then use the data to
> provide things like PVR functionality, search tools, and private channel
> grids.")

Singed up friday, and then went through the painful process of
upgrading 1 backend and 2 frontends from 0.19 to 0.20.2..

The prepackaged myth binaries required tons of upgrades as usual
(Debian sarge to etch plus a few dozen unstable packages) breaking
lots of minor things like squid, cups, nis, nfs (nfs sure breaks in
suttle ways when rpc.statd just isn't started for some reason
post-upgrade)

Schedules Direct seems to work just fine.  The upgrade of mythtv itself
wasn't bad but now I have to get used to a different set of bugs...

Only 3 misterious backend crashes so far :(

--
Dave