[semi-OT] Review: Comcast Workplace cable Internet

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Wed Sep 12 15:36:22 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 15:23, Ben Scott wrote:
>   Oh.  I see your point now.  :)  Bandwidth that is good, fast, *and*
> cheap.  Definitely a sort of holy grail.  And equally elusive, I would
> say.

But in this case, even picking 2 doesn't work.  The uptime SLAs aren't as
important to us.  I'm sure that something like FiOS would be stable enough
for us.  Cable seems a little unreliable, but decent DSL would probably be
alright.  It's only used for office access and remote access and nothing is
mission critical here (that's all at the datacenter).  I'd settle for cheap
and fast (symmetric), but T1s are really just not fast anymore and upgrading
beyond them gets really expensive really quickly.

"Good, fast, and cheap" ... pick 2.  I wish...
-N