AMD Releases 900+ Pages Of GPU Specs

Tony Lambiris tonylambiris at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:33:45 EDT 2007

I haven't touched an Intel product since the days of them charging
over $500 for a processor. AMD came in and stomped them with their K7,
and as long as AMD continues to do the Right Thing(tm), they will
always have my support.

I've already begun liquidating my NVIDIA stuff; even if they start
releasing specs with no NDA, it's too little too late in my eyes.

Three cheers for AMD, who have been leading the way, showing the rest
of the world there is nothing to fear in releasing docs on how your
hardware works (you know, the thing that I paid for and now own). Even
when all the 64 bit stuff was being developed they were on the front
lines with open source.