High Latency Survival Tactics (Was: Re: Thunderbird stupid about X traffic?)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:15:30 EDT 2007

On 9/16/07, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> Somebody stop me before I try running PuTTY under WINE on Linux. :)

  PuTTY has been ported to *nix/X11.  :)

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html#faq-unix

> I guess a good ancillary question is "where's the development action
> on 'terminal emulators' these days?"

  I suspect a lot of people think this is a solved-problem and have
lost interest.  The only reason anything has happened at all is that
KDE and GNOME are both intent on re-inventing every wheel they can
find.  Multiple times.  :)

-- Ben