w00t! What a ride!

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:55:06 EDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Bill Sconce <sconce at in-spec-inc.com> wrote:
> Microsoft's takeover of ISO thwarted ... considerable backlash
> as the nature of the effort ... becomes known.[1]

  Anyone know if any of this is getting coverage in the mainstream
press?  Or even the mainstream IT press?  The sources given are, shall
we say, not exactly unbiased.  Groklaw and FSF Europe, in particular,
have an overt agenda.  I happen to agree with their agenda, but
depending on their press releases for my information is still going to
be little more than an opinion feedback loop.  Has anyone outside of
the geek community reported on Microsoft's latest tricks?

On 9/17/07, Jon 'maddog' Hall <maddog at li.org> wrote:
>> 'According to Mr. Alksnis, "the story smells badly."'
>
> Leave it to the Russians to tell it as it is.

  Hmmm.  Russian news sources are being identified as typically
honest.  That's it, I'm officially living in bizarro-world now.  ;-)

-- Ben